PDA

View Full Version : Beckett article

Gonzaleznut
04-06-2007, 01:17 PM
I recently submitted my collection story to Beckett BBCM for their individual player collector issue which hit newsstands a couple of weeks ago. I was a little dissappointed that I did not make it.

Juan collectors are a unique breed. We haven't had much to cheer about lately as Juan has not been able to play any significant games at the major league level since 2004 and with the exception of three...count 'em three cards in 2006, there hasn't been a regular card issued for Juan in almost two years.

We, the Juan collectors, however continue to plug along adding cards as they come up. I am proud of my collection and I hope that the rest of you are as well.

Beckett chose to include player collectors of the likes of Eric Chavez, Jose Canseco, Victor Martinez, Jeremy Bonderman, and Barry Zito. Although several of the collectors had some rarer cards of their players, none had the sheer volume of cards that I know many Juan collectors have. Oh well, it seems that Juan's collectors don't get any respect for what they have accomplished just as Juan is not getting the respect he deserves for his career accomplishments. Oh well.

Let's just hope Juan catches on with someone, adds a few more homers and RBIs to his career totals and gets into the Hall of Fame.

Gonzaleznut
04-10-2007, 01:33 PM
Just so you know, Freddie, I wrote an email to Beckett last night to try to get them to have an article featuring player websites. I told them that yours should be the gold standard that all others should hope to attain. I hope you don't mind and I hope they actually take the idea and run with it. We'll see...

Gonzaleznut
07-19-2007, 01:23 AM
Here are some pictures of me, my kids, and my collection that I took for the Beckett submission back in February. Incredibly, I have added a ton more stuff since then.

jjt111
07-19-2007, 01:51 AM
Awesome presentation! Great cards and cute kids. Beats my books, shoe box of hard cases and a cat on the rug :(

Gonzaleznut
07-19-2007, 10:23 PM
Awesome presentation! Great cards and cute kids. Beats my books, shoe box of hard cases and a cat on the rug :(

Thanks. I am just lucky I have a really big kitchen table!! And a very tolerant wife!!