PDA

View Full Version : What A Great Site

knr47
05-20-2007, 05:46 AM
Howdy guys! I found this site via a link from Mike's site, which I found via a link at Juan's wikipedia site, and I have to say, Freddie, this is a fantastic player collector resource! Mike had it exactly right when he wrote that this site should be the 'gold standard' for all other player collector websites. I have about 900 different Juan cards, most of which I collected on ebay from 1998-2000 (some of you may remember bidding against me back then), but I quit collecting pretty much the day he got traded to the Tigers. I had planned on selling off my collection, but this site has re-kindled the joy I once found in acquiring these cards, and the other day I bought my first new Juan card in 7+ years. I have been reading posts and looking at pics for the last few days, and now I have to get busy putting in my collection. I have several cards from '98 and '99 that do not have pics yet (like the one in my avatar), and if you do not want to let me upload pics yet, I can e-mail them to one of you to upload. Anyway, sorry for the long read, but I am excited about building my collection again, along with the rest of you. Thanks for making this great site!
Kyle

jzk_ksy
05-20-2007, 02:08 PM
Kyle,Welcome to the site.I'm sure you will find it very helpful.I found the site by chance about 6 months ago.Freddie has done a great job with it and has been very helpful in expanding my personal collection.Keep me in mind as one that is always willing to trade dups.

Kevin

Gonzaleznut
05-21-2007, 01:59 PM
Hey Kyle. Welcome to the site. You are right. This is the best collector site.

As far as adding pictures, Freddie, Jonas, and I have done most of them. If you have some scans to add then you need to get a hold of Freddie and he can give you access to add pics. We have pictures for over 60% of the cards (which I think is impressive), but we always need more.

Last thing, did you recently buy a bunch of cards from Tommy T on Beckett? I did too and wanted to see what your experience was like.

knr47
05-21-2007, 07:44 PM
Mike, thanks for the welcome. The work that you, Jonas, and Freddie have done uploading all those pics is one of the most amazing aspects of this site. I started collecting Juan not only because I am a die-hard Rangers fan, but because I wanted to collect a player who was more affordable than Griffey and Ripken but who was still in most of the major, card-technology enhanced insert sets. I love 90's insert/parallel cards, and because of this site, I've seen so many cool cards that I had never seen before. I would love to help by uploading any that I can.

Yes, I have placed a couple orders with Tommy T's recently. Why did you suspect I had? His service so far has been great - I received my first order just two days after I placed it - and so on Saturday I went ahead and placed another one. I am only going after Juan cards from 1999 and back, and he seems to have a lot of lower numbered stuff from then. (He even said he would be listing more.) Plus, his prices aren't so outrageous as some of the Beckett sellers (Woody's).

Gonzaleznut
05-21-2007, 08:31 PM
Yes, I have placed a couple orders with Tommy T's recently. Why did you suspect I had? His service so far has been great - I received my first order just two days after I placed it - and so on Saturday I went ahead and placed another one. I am only going after Juan cards from 1999 and back, and he seems to have a lot of lower numbered stuff from then. (He even said he would be listing more.) Plus, his prices aren't so outrageous as some of the Beckett sellers (Woody's).

I bought over $500 worth of cards from him over the weekend. We talked several times on the phone and he told me about you. You evidently placed an order right before me on Saturday and got some of the cards I had wanted. No biggie. I think I added almost 80 new cards thanks to him, with more to come. All of them were the late 90s low-numbered parallels that I needed.

It is very difficult to add significant numbers of cards once your collection gets as big as mine and therefore, when I have the opportunity, I have to act on it (much to my wife's dismay).

As far as the pics, just contact Freddie, this site's administrator, and he can give you the ability to upload some pics. The goal is to have a scan of as many cards as possible.

knr47
05-21-2007, 10:36 PM
Mike,
If he had 80+ cards that you still needed, his collection must be even bigger than his marketplace listings suggested. Does he still have significant inventory left? If so, I should give him a call also. It certainly wasn't my intention to beat you to the punch, or whatever, on the cards I bought from him. I still needed everything I ordered from him, of course, but if I ended up with anything that you DESPERATELY need, let me know and maybe we can work something out.

Gonzaleznut
05-21-2007, 10:54 PM
Yeah, he was a great find for me. He had a lot of the older parallels I needed. I don't know what he has left that you might need, but it would probably be worth a call to him to see.

Don't worry about the cards you got that I also needed. You got in before me and that is just how it works out sometimes.

freddie
05-22-2007, 02:43 PM
Kyle - all of my cards are for sale and since I show to still have twice as many as you do, maybe you can find something that you need on my list.

knr47
05-22-2007, 08:06 PM
Freddie, I sent you a PM.