PDA

View Full Version : Holdouts

Gonzaleznut
06-09-2007, 03:20 PM
There are still several Juan collectors out there who have not yet registered for this site or who haven't entered their collections. Namely; Adelith - Roberto, Aircorp42k - Wil, 2725 - Dan, Mcabee1 - Chris, Juanfan19 - Jacob just for starters.

I don't know about you, but I really enjoy looking at what everybody else has and seeing where my collection stacks up.

I have sent emails to these guys encouraging them to get on it, but they seem reluctant and/or busy to do it.

If you know any of them well, you should try to persuade them to join up. The more people that are on here, then the more likely the website is to stay around for a long time. I would hate to see all of our combined efforts go to waste if Freddie was to shut down the site due to lack of interest.

Let me know your thoughts.

freddie
06-09-2007, 06:41 PM
The site isn't going to be shutdown, no worries.

nosterbor
06-09-2007, 07:52 PM
Freddie has done a outstanding job on this web site! Also all of those who have put time and effort in putting the pics of cards here!THANK YOU ALL!!!!
I as well wish more Juan collectors had thre cards listed.

jjt111
06-11-2007, 01:56 AM
I'm sure most know of this site and use it on occasion. Being able to go to the collection section and inserting the card number to bring up not only if it is in your collection but in most cases what it looks like is what makes this a great tool for me. But others like Will who lost interest in collecting Juan cards and Dan who I'm sure can count his needs (87-96) on one hand really have little need to be a active member. Being a collector of Juan's cards doesn't mean you have the time or the want to converse with the collectors.

It's nice that Freddie works for vBulletin and is an expert with it because this forum should show what other player collectors can do if they have the means.

I would be real interested in viewing other collection of Juan's as well but understand the commitment it takes to post it.

Jonas

knr47
06-11-2007, 03:41 AM
I think that everyone who is using the site actively, like Jonas describes, should sign up simply out of courtesy. Freddie has obviously spent many hours working on all this; and he, Mike, and Jonas have surely spent many hours uploading pics -- if any of the holdouts are using it regularly, the least they could do is post a thank you message. And besides, the collection tracker is really cool! Yes, it can take some time to upload your collection at first, but it's not like there is a time limit. Just think how satisfied you will be when you have finished, and you'll never finish unless you start.

I also think one of the coolest unrealized aspects of this site could be our ability to track Juan's rarest cards (1/1's, 1/5's, etc). Mike has done some of this within the checklist on his site, and it's very interesting. If we could get the guys above, especially adelith, to upload even just their 50-100 rarest cards, we would be a lot closer to knowing which of the ultra-rare items have found their way into the true collectors' hands and which are still in play.

jzk_ksy
06-17-2007, 03:44 PM
I,too would like to see more collections on here...based on seeing some of the names on ebay,I'm sure they have great collections...

Kevin