PDA

View Full Version : Juan on Roids???

Gonzaleznut
06-21-2007, 02:01 AM
Let me know what you think about this story??

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/6943444 (http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/6943444)

jjt111
06-21-2007, 05:02 AM
Hicks has a right to be upset with paying 24 mil for what he got. I believe Juan used suppliments just as most of the players did. Will Bonds record for homeruns not count? The years doing and after Sosa/McGuire rampage until last year was the peak of extreme drugging and they weren't good years for Juan. So what does that say?

freddie
06-21-2007, 05:32 AM
I believe what Jose Canseco said since after Jose arrived, that is Juan got massive and started getting hurt in '95. I also believe he probably backed off in '96 but was on the same lesser things that everyone else was on.

knr47
06-21-2007, 05:35 AM
I think Hicks is trying to deflect attention away from the fact that the Rangers have probably been the most disappointing team in baseball this year and that they are probably going to trade Teixeira instead of trying to resign him. Yes, Juan missed a bunch of games in '02 and '03, but there is no way signing him was a bigger mistake than giving $65 million to Chan Ho Park. At least with Juan they were bringing back one of the best players in franchise history, and his per-game averages were in line with his career numbers. What had Chan Ho ever done to deserve that huge contract? By blaming Juan's downfall on steroids, Hicks is trying to get everyone to forget about all the even bigger mistakes that he and his GM have made in the last 5-6 years, for which only Hicks and his GM should take the blame (i.e. firing Showalter, signing Millwood, Brian Jordan, etc.).

freddie
06-21-2007, 03:24 PM
Don't forget the crazy idea to sign Alex Rodriguez or the $21 million paid to Rusty Greer for 3 years in 2002, of which he only played in 51 games.

knr47
06-21-2007, 04:51 PM
Exactly. And some of the trades just really kill me too. Travis Hafner for Ryan Drese? Adrian Gonzalez and Chris Young for Adam Eaton and Otsuka? Ouch. Anyone can look at the circumstantial evidence and say that Juan probably used steroids at some point. Hicks doesn't have any more proof than anyone else, though, and since he is in a position to affect Juan's career and legacy, he should be a little more careful about what he says.

freddie
06-21-2007, 05:11 PM
No doubt it was unprofessional and Juan should do what he can to at least get a public apology.

Rafferity
06-21-2007, 11:48 PM
There was a little write-up in our local paper about this statement from Hicks. I agree, it's all speculation. Hicks is trying to cover up the Rangers worse years. If he will notice when all years when Oates, Palmer, Greer, Pudge, and Gonzo and others. They nearly took it all in '96. The players weren't huge at all, they looked to be normal due to working out, and if they did do the steriods, it look to be minor, and not an everyday dose. Now Bonds blew-up over nite. Some wrong somewhere. McGwire blew-up, Giambi also. So one knows that something was done. The Palmerio started to gain.
One thing about it is, if they can live with cheating, more power to them. We can't stop them. The Baseball Commisson will have to step up there policy. One charge....release them. Make a believer out of them. I for one, if Juan did take them, he's not now, I believe. I could be wrong tho. When his brother died from a drug overdose, it nearly got to him. Cause he was promoting the no drugs in his hometown, about kids being free them.
Last of all.....Watch out baseball, if Pujols, Howard, or etc. should ever come up postive. I'd hate it, but I believe baseball could fall since the really claim they are the last of the 'roids free. And yes, I agree with Freddie, he does need to seek an apology for inconclusive evidence in Hicks statement, even if Hicks just says he suspects. Which throws doubt in the fan base out there.

and that's my rant. :cool:

nosterbor
06-22-2007, 05:21 PM
who gives a CRAP!!!!!!!!!! i want to see all these writers,owners,ney sayers stand in a batters box and swing at a 95 mph fast ball! they would soil there pants! better yet lets shoot-em up with roids for 5 months and see what they can do! if Juan were on roids,with the swing he had, he would have hit over 100 hr in a year! now lets talk about the drunks,womanizers,and real scumbags of the 20s 30s 40s 50s and 60s! how about the crack heads of the 70s and 80s? the 80s mets ring a bell? how skinny were you at 18? i was 5 foot 8-140lbs at 19 i was 6 foot 2 195 lbs!! must have been all the roids!!!!!!!