PDA

View Full Version : Numbered 19/????

adelith
08-30-2007, 09:44 PM
I'm just curious, who of you guys keep track on how many numbered cards you have being number 19 or 22 of whatever number they are?:rolleyes:

freddie
08-31-2007, 05:00 AM
What about 16/?

16 was the number he wore on the last day of his career for Cleveland.

jzk_ksy
08-31-2007, 10:28 PM
I got a few numbered 19 as well as a few number 1's

Kevin

Gonzaleznut
08-31-2007, 11:27 PM
Rob is the absolute king in that arena. I challenge anyone to have as many cards as bookends (1st or last serial number) or Juan's jersey number. He must have 50-100 of them easy.

adelith
09-01-2007, 08:58 AM
I'm near those numbers as well!

Gonzaleznut
09-01-2007, 12:54 PM
I'm near those numbers as well!

Maybe someone can explain to me why that is so important. I might look at a card and say "neat, it is Juan's jersey number" or "hey, look at that, it is the first one" but I would never pay a premium for them or pursue them. In fact, I trade my cards with "Special" serial numbers and get a lot for 'em.

I just want one of the card. I don't care what serial number it is. There are already enough cards for me to pursue without having to add in special serial numbered versions as well.

juanfan19
09-01-2007, 01:46 PM
What about 16/?

16 was the number he wore on the last day of his career for Cleveland.

I actually own that jersey, it was auctioned off by the Indians a couple years ago. I have it hanging in a shadow box in my office. I didn't know he only wore it that day.

juanfan19
09-01-2007, 01:49 PM
Maybe someone can explain to me why that is so important. I might look at a card and say "neat, it is Juan's jersey number" or "hey, look at that, it is the first one" but I would never pay a premium for them or pursue them. In fact, I trade my cards with "Special" serial numbers and get a lot for 'em.

I just want one of the card. I don't care what serial number it is. There are already enough cards for me to pursue without having to add in special serial numbered versions as well.

Uh oh, here we go again LOL. If you have two #ed cards, one is #19 and the other is #44, which which you rather have?? Of course #19. Some of us would pay a premium for that, some like you don't care. Just how it is.

Gonzaleznut
09-01-2007, 02:13 PM
I understand and it is ok for people to have different opinions about issues like this.

nosterbor
09-01-2007, 03:06 PM
Roberto,how many grandslams do you have?

nosterbor
09-01-2007, 04:14 PM
I have the following
1st#----157
last#----122
# to jersey---57----333 total
bookends---23
grand slams--3
of corse 1/1's do not count

nosterbor
09-01-2007, 05:00 PM

I just want one of the card. I don't care what serial number it is. There are already enough cards for me to pursue without having to add in special serial numbered versions as well. its cooler than a coffee mug!;)

freddie
09-02-2007, 12:12 AM
I actually own that jersey, it was auctioned off by the Indians a couple years ago. I have it hanging in a shadow box in my office. I didn't know he only wore it that day.
Interesting, a #16 Indians jersey was auctioned off on eBay a few months ago with all the paperwork showing that it was Juan's so he must have had more than one of them. It did claim to be the Jersey he was wearing on the final day but it did allude to it.

adelith
09-04-2007, 11:57 AM
Roberto,how many grandslams do you have?

Only 6, including a 1/1. Do you have all 28?

nosterbor
09-04-2007, 01:50 PM
Only 6, including a 1/1. Do you have all 28?
a grand slam is first and last and jersey number of the same card. you have 6! what is the 28 you are refering to?

adelith
09-04-2007, 04:39 PM
:o I'm sorry, please forgive my ignorance, I thogh you referred to the card in your picture. No I don't have any, but I've a set of Leaf Limited Bat, Bat & Jersey with almost every card #'d 19/25 with Texas Rangers Uniform and #'d 22/25 with Cleveland Uniform ant Bat & Signatures #'d 1/5 or 5/5 in the same set, almost 16 cards in total for that set. Also I've a set of Bat cards #'d to 5 in which I've them all 1/5, 2/5, 3/5, 4/5 & 5/5, as well as another Bat Barrell of 2, 1/2 and 2/2:rolleyes: Do you think this count as a grandslam?

Gonzaleznut
09-04-2007, 04:44 PM
Also I've a set of Bat cards #'d to 5 in which I've them all 1/5, 2/5, 3/5, 4/5 & 5/5,

What card is this where you have all five of the print run? That is amazing by the way.

adelith
09-04-2007, 04:50 PM
What card is this where you have all five of the print run? That is amazing by the way.

I'm not home right now, but I'll check the name and year of the product and will let you know later!

nosterbor
09-04-2007, 04:55 PM
:o I'm sorry, please forgive my ignorance, I thogh you referred to the card in your picture. No I don't have any, but I've a set of Leaf Limited Bat, Bat & Jersey with almost every card #'d 19/25 with Texas Rangers Uniform and #'d 22/25 with Cleveland Uniform ant Bat & Signatures #'d 1/5 or 5/5 in the same set, almost 16 cards in total for that set. Also I've a set of Bat cards #'d to 5 in which I've them all 1/5, 2/5, 3/5, 4/5 & 5/5, as well as another Bat Barrell of 2, 1/2 and 2/2:rolleyes: Do you think this count as a grandslam? yes! you have all 5 of 5!! wow!!!! thats AWESOME! i love it! i have been shooting for that a long time i am very close on a lot of the ones #to 10/#19/#25 thats a goal i want to achieve.its not easy at all! i remembered the last bat barrel auction over a year ago.you paid a very high price for that one!! i would have done the same thing in your shoes.

adelith
09-04-2007, 05:04 PM
yes! you have all 5 of 5!! wow!!!! thats AWESOME! i love it! i have been shooting for that a long time i am very close on a lot of the ones #to 10/#19/#25 thats a goal i want to achieve.its not easy at all! i remembered the last bat barrel auction over a year ago.you paid a very high price for that one!! i would have done the same thing in your shoes.

I'm glad to hear that somebody understand me:D, I'd been told some other collectors hate me because they consider me selfish for doing this, but like you said, it's a goal and I don't want all the cards but until I achive the goal can't just focus in just one, so i bid in a couple different cards #'d to 5 in order to complete a least one set of 5.;)

nosterbor
09-04-2007, 05:19 PM
i would not say its selfish.its more so that their JEALOUS!:rolleyes: if they want a card bad enough! they would have paid for it!:eek: next time tell them to call the WAAAAMBULANCE:p

freddie
09-04-2007, 09:37 PM
Of course, if anyone is going to understand your obsession, it will be nosterbor.

I will admit that obsessions like this, which drive the prices higher, was one of the factors of my bailing out of collecting Juan.

nosterbor
09-04-2007, 11:00 PM
now is the best time to collect Juan Gonzalez cards! i remember when the 2003 leaf limited came out all the numbered to 25 and less cards. the moniker autograph #to 25 were in the $60+ range aircorp was paying $200+ for the moniker #to 5's.that was 4 short years ago. so the prices lately are a bonanza to me! i will take all i can get my hands on.the supply is about out!

adelith
09-05-2007, 11:59 AM
Of course, if anyone is going to understand your obsession, it will be nosterbor.

I will admit that obsessions like this, which drive the prices higher, was one of the factors of my bailing out of collecting Juan.

It is sad to hear that Freddie. I collect some other things, and also belong to various collecting societies worldwide and it is common to see people paying things "overprize":confused: the price guides are just that a guide, the real value depends on how bad the collector want certain Item, like the Wyat Earp pistol set story, some people will pay thousands, other millions for it, for my wife not even one cent! ;)

adelith
09-12-2007, 01:18 PM
yes! you have all 5 of 5!! wow!!!! thats AWESOME! i love it! i have been shooting for that a long time i am very close on a lot of the ones #to 10/#19/#25 thats a goal i want to achieve.its not easy at all! i remembered the last bat barrel auction over a year ago.you paid a very high price for that one!! i would have done the same thing in your shoes.
Sorry I wait this long to let you know, but when I mentioned this, I really have only four of them, the other was on ebay, but of course I do what it takes to assure it will make it home. Finally I get it yesterday, now I have all of them in hand and listed them on my collection. :D#52 2004 Prime Cuts II Timeline Material Trio Stats (http://www.juangone.com/collection.php?do=list&year=2004#card3834)
Bat-Hat-Jsy