PDA

View Full Version : Thos annoying pacific backdoors

freddie
09-18-2006, 03:07 PM
Do you think we should add cards like this (http://cgi.ebay.com/1999-Omega-5-tool-Talents-Tier-5-GOLD-Juan-Gonzalez_W0QQitemZ180029791320QQihZ008QQcategoryZ5 5945QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) to the list. Extra cards that were for replacement but slipped out the backdoor without a serial number?

Gonzaleznut
09-18-2006, 09:27 PM
That is a tough call. They aren't cards that slipped through the back door, but were distributed upon the liquidation of the assets for both Fleer and Pacific. There are a ton of Fleer ones like that. Parallels without the serial numbers meant to replace damaged cards for collectors.

The tough part is that they do exist, but unless we have seen one, there is no way to know which ones exist. They are out there so I guess they should be added.

I have a couple of them so let me know if you are going to add them.

freddie
09-18-2006, 10:04 PM
Well I mea by backdoor, cards that were never intended to reach the open market w/o serial numbers applied. I think that when the card is verified as existing, it needs to be added to the list since it is a variation. What cards do you have?

Gonzaleznut
12-02-2007, 02:44 PM
I am resurrecting this old thread because I think that it is time to add in some other cards. There are two types of cards that I think need to be added and I need everyone's opinion as to the validity of adding them:

Oversize Proof Cards - there were many of these produced for various cards.
"Back Door" variations - these are cards that were originally held back by the manufacturer to replace damaged serial numbered cards that were sent in. The ones you most commonly see on the market are from Fleer and Pacific.What I really need help with is everyone letting me know if they have one of these variations so that I can add it to the list. Please send me all of the pertinent info on the card as well as a scan if possible.

Gonzaleznut
12-05-2007, 09:32 PM
No one has responded so I am going to assume that the only ones with these cards are Rob and I?

adelith
12-06-2007, 08:05 AM
Do not assume, because when you assume, you make an ass of u and me.:D I also have a couple of both! ;)

No one has responded so I am going to assume that the only ones with these cards are Rob and I?

Gonzaleznut
12-06-2007, 01:36 PM
Well...I put the post out there several days ago and had not had anyone respond to me...

nosterbor
12-06-2007, 03:55 PM
i have been working a lot of hours,i will try on my only day off to add some more scans. thanks,rob.