PDA

View Full Version : $64,000 question

02-21-2008, 02:48 AM
Ok, time for a straw poll.

Who thinks Juan gets into HOF with current stats?

Who thinks that Juan needs either 500 HR's or more hits to get HOF?

Who thinks that Juan gets denied HOF because of drugs?

Who thinks I am full of beans and Juan will never get HOF?

jjt111
02-21-2008, 06:09 AM
I feel that he needs the 500 hr's to get in and for sure his current stats will fall short of him getting in.

nosterbor
02-21-2008, 03:29 PM
ok,once again!all time career life time slug.pct.Juan ranks #19 better than Aaron,Mays,Griffey,Thomas,Sosa,Sheffield,Ortiz,Man tle,Bagwell,Frank Robinson,Musial now lets take home run totals and avg them into a 162 game season
#1 Mark McGwire 50
#2 Babe Ruth 46
#3 A-Rod 44
#4 Juan Gonzalez 42
#4 Albert Pujols 42
thats all time!!! lets see where A-rod & Pujols end up with when they are done playing! now lets do the same with RBI"S
now rbi's
#1 Gehrig 149
#2 Ruth 143
#3 Gonzalez 135
thats all time!!!
now lets take that and say he never got hurt and went on the DL. here are some fantisy numbers say his last year was 2004 thats 14 seasons he would have 1890 RBI'S and 588 home runs.
think its B.S. do your own research at baseball reference.com now you see why the Babe is considered the greatest of all time!!! Juan is even Greater than Bonds & Aaron
Nuff Said:p

nosterbor
02-21-2008, 03:48 PM
one more thing! he was clocked has having the fastest swing in baseball on sunday night baseball 5 times.what would his numbers be if he used HGH or roids? also a fact!!! he had back and leg problems in 1990 as a rookie and even before then.he almost was not signed because of it! like the song says! "GIVE US DIRTY LAUNDRY"

freddie
02-21-2008, 05:17 PM
He is never going in since he will always be borderline and so the steroid rumors will seal it against him.

nosterbor
02-21-2008, 05:31 PM
NAY SAY'ERS!!!!!!!!!! NEGATIVITY BREEDS NEGATIVISM!!!!!!!!! SKEPTICS SHALL BE PROVEN WRONG! AND THEY SHALL HAVE TO LIVE WITH IT!:mad:

freddie
02-21-2008, 06:02 PM
Chill out, I'm just giving you my opinion on what the hall voters will do.

Gonzaleznut
02-21-2008, 06:57 PM
I agree with Freddie, the Hall voters will not vote him in. He will always have the cloud of stereroids and late-career injuries hanging over him that will overshadow his statistical accomplishments. It is sad, but true.

freddie
02-21-2008, 09:42 PM
His only shot is when the current crop of players are old and running the old timers club. Then he may get in that way.

Rafferity
02-21-2008, 09:55 PM
Looking at his numbers, I say he has a shot. The 500 will help, but his accomplishments should stand for themselves. He may not be a 1st rounder due to the loom of the recent dealings. But I say he will make it. If they(HOF Voters) are going to allow suspiciousness, to rule their votes, remove all players since mid 90's just to play it safe. And give a test to all new comers every two weeks during the season and off. You wanna play baseball, let's play fair. But we shall see what this up coming season brings........

jjt111
02-22-2008, 01:17 AM
He was voted to what, 3 all star games? He has never been a media favorite. Gary Sheffield and Fred McGriff have about the same stats but have been to atleast twice as many all star games. I'm hoping that he performs enough to make a lasting impression on those that have a vote but I feel without continued success he has a slim chance.

02-22-2008, 02:20 AM
He was only voted to All Stars three time because he bitched and moaned like a baby. They knew he would not go unless he got to start. There are others in the HOF with worse credentials. He is not a slam dunk but he is better than marginal to get in. He played for many seasons and he does have a lot of hits. No way he gets first round votes without 500 HRS but eventually people will gravitate to ability. He is not a fan favorite because of his language skills. He never went for publicity. On the other hand, he gets along well with other players and there is no reason to hate him like a Barry Bonds. Time will decide. I belong in the optimist camp and therefore I think that eventually he will be voted in. I am not ready to sell my cards for a penny a piece. I only wish that you guys would stop bidding so that I can buy at a reasonable price!