PDA

View Full Version : Really want a way to collect other players?

freddie
01-05-2009, 11:27 PM
Ok who really, really, wants a system to collect other players? I know Mike would like a list to manage pudge cards. Who else?

For me to get something out of this, I would consider charging access for players other than Juan. Something cheap, like $5 per month.

Once I make the backend changes to support more than just Juan, it becomes trivial to add more players. I just need a list of cards to import to form the basis of a list, Becket's player collector list works well.

I would only add players that have a dedicated collector to manage the list. Arguments, I mean decisions, about what card goes on what list section would be left up to the list manager(s).

Anyone interested? Give me your player names and how many unique cards that you have of each player.

mcabee1
01-06-2009, 04:53 AM
possibly w/ rusty greer (I have all but 8 cards and have 31 of the 76 1/1's) or hank blalock (I have about 1600 total cards including 149 1/1's and 800 cards #ed to 50 or less)

Gonzaleznut
01-06-2009, 01:03 PM
Ivan Rodriguez - about 1,500 different

freddie
01-08-2009, 03:49 PM
Hmm three players. I'll work on setting it up but it may be awhile, several months.

Gonzaleznut
01-08-2009, 08:46 PM
You need to guage levels of interest from a blog like on beckett.com. There are a ton of player collectors there. That is your target audience, but I would think you would need more than just one site to point them to as an example.

freddie
01-08-2009, 08:55 PM
I'm not looking to support hundreds of collectors, need to start out slow.

01-09-2009, 02:18 AM
I am sorry to disagree with all of you. This is a Juan Gonzalez only site and I think that it is inappropriate to discuss starting a site for other players. These discussions should be off line and not included in this site. Just my two cents worth of opinion.