PDA

View Full Version : Holy high prices Batman!!

Gonzaleznut
10-18-2009, 02:17 PM
Did anyone else see this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350263643006&ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT

I just don't get it. Can someone please explain this insanity to me?

nosterbor
10-18-2009, 04:49 PM
of all people YOU should know the concept of supply and demand.look at where this came from. Asia where all the Rare low numbered cards are!you may see one more and that will be it!

mcabee1
10-19-2009, 02:01 AM
greed is why it so high - it isnt enough to have one or two.......

nosterbor
10-19-2009, 02:54 AM
i do not think it is greed as such as it is envy to another!

nosterbor
10-19-2009, 03:03 AM
i am shocked no bid on this at this price. it may have just as well have been your last chance!!!! tisk tisk tisk:D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110444832169&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

mcabee1
10-19-2009, 03:07 PM
now that you big spenders have driven the card up and bought yours at a high price, the rest of us will get ours for $5 after he lowers his opening bid. the card is novelty more than anything much like the oversized cards. I will but those at $2 or $3 but not $10.
oh, you are wrong about the envy part. cards are cool and you have a cool collection, but nothing to envy over. My one of something is just as good as your 8 of the same thing.

nosterbor
10-19-2009, 04:32 PM
now that you big spenders have driven the card up and bought yours at a high price, the rest of us will get ours for $5 after he lowers his opening bid. the card is novelty more than anything much like the oversized cards. I will but those at $2 or $3 but not $10.
oh, you are wrong about the envy part. cards are cool and you have a cool collection, but nothing to envy over. My one of something is just as good as your 8 of the same thing.
you stated it 1st in not so many words.just shades of gray! read between the lines,say no more?!.

mcabee1
10-19-2009, 05:59 PM
the magnets are a perfect example - anyone of us could have bid $10 and justified it for 6 magnets that nobody else has. now, none of us will probably bid on a similar lot again. if one comes up, it will probably not sell or sell for an opening bid of $1. now, everyone has one and if you want more they will sell cheap. its when you drive up a price on a card you already have that doesnt make since. I call it it greed & you call it envy??????? they are not the same thing. You are right about living in a free country. you can buy whatever you want at whatever price. my point is simple (to me at least) in that you can have almost as many cards at a fraction of the price by working together.

nosterbor
10-20-2009, 03:16 AM
the magnets are a perfect example - anyone of us could have bid $10 and justified it for 6 magnets that nobody else has. now, none of us will probably bid on a similar lot again. if one comes up, it will probably not sell or sell for an opening bid of $1. now, everyone has one and if you want more they will sell cheap. its when you drive up a price on a card you already have that doesnt make since. I call it it greed & you call it envy??????? they are not the same thing. You are right about living in a free country. you can buy whatever you want at whatever price. my point is simple (to me at least) in that you can have almost as many cards at a fraction of the price by working together.
My poor dear man!
sometimes it it better to let sleeping dogs lie!:p

Gonzaleznut
10-20-2009, 04:11 AM
I am actually with Chris on this one.

I will let all of you suckers pay the big bucks for cards.

nosterbor
10-20-2009, 04:30 AM
I am actually with Chris on this one.

I will let all of you suckers pay the big bucks for cards.
are both of you related to Mr Sam Johnson?:rolleyes::eek:;)

mcabee1
10-20-2009, 03:25 PM
WHO? Does that guy even exist? I thought he was your alter-ego

nosterbor
10-20-2009, 04:30 PM
yes once again you are correct as always.and no i do not have all the cards i say i have,so i blocked them so you will not have anymore card envy,now all you can do is watch when you keep loosing auctions that i keep racking up.so you may as well collect something else as Mike has turned to doing.and yes i am a sucker and will forever be.bye!

Gonzaleznut
10-20-2009, 05:39 PM
Rob, Would you like a little cheese with your whine??

mcabee1
10-20-2009, 06:07 PM
I do collect other players........ I would rather pay more for a 1/1 card of another player than overpay for a Juan #ed to 50. It isnt that we dont have the money, we are just not willing to "overpay". As it stands, we will keep you paying more for a lot of items, all of witch you could have had much cheaper if we were not bidding.

adelith
10-21-2009, 09:51 AM
Dead end...
Just my opinion!

nosterbor
10-21-2009, 10:59 PM
Roberto to keep this from happening,

http://cgi.ebay.com/JUAN-GONZALEZ-1998-TOPPS-TEK-CARD-60-PATTERN-71_W0QQitemZ330369671317QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Base ball?hash=item4ceb912095

http://cgi.ebay.com/JUAN-GONZALEZ-1998-TOPPS-TEK-CARD-60-PATTERN-11_W0QQitemZ330369671817QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Base ball?hash=item4ceb912289

check out auctionsniper.com it is very very low cost and well worth it.it will keep the above B.S from happening.good luck! also i might start collecting other Rangers cards,they are very cheap.

nosterbor
10-21-2009, 11:37 PM
Rob, Would you like a little cheese with your whine??
Swiss Please! and do not forget the crackers!

adelith
10-22-2009, 10:47 AM
For someone with so much courage for big spenders who have driven cards up, you seems to enjoy driven up the 1998 Topps Tek to my limit. I just wonder, if you already know what's my limit why don't you outbid me? You are not interest in the cards? Just want me to pay as much as possible for them? Remember what happen when you trow rocks when your roof is made of crystal. :rolleyes:

mcabee1
10-22-2009, 01:04 PM
you could always remove your bid if you dont want to pay that much.... if you want every card, including duplicates, its gonna cost you.

10-22-2009, 05:07 PM
I have to admit that I don't get any of this B.S greed. There should not be a problem with any of us getting a card with a print run greater than 10 cards for a cheap price.

Gonzaleznut
10-22-2009, 07:14 PM
Amen Dan...Amen.

I have to admit that I don't get any of this B.S greed. There should not be a problem with any of us getting a card with a print run greater than 10 cards for a cheap price.

mcabee1
10-23-2009, 03:17 AM
wow noster, you are getting some nice Blalock stuff right now. congrats. I will always offer 50% of what you are paying (or should I say overpaying) later. the price of juans just went up a notch.

nosterbor
10-23-2009, 04:05 AM
wow noster, you are getting some nice Blalock stuff right now. congrats. I will always offer 50% of what you are paying (or should I say overpaying) later. the price of juans just went up a notch.:eek::p;)

adelith
10-23-2009, 11:21 AM
First of all I don't buy duplicates, about want every card, you are right if I don't have it, I want it! Its going to cost me and I know it. FYI Don't start something you can not finish! For me is only money! :p:D:cool:

you could always remove your bid if you dont want to pay that much.... if you want every card, including duplicates, its gonna cost you.

nosterbor
10-23-2009, 04:51 PM
first Of All I Don't Buy Duplicates, About Want Every Card, You Are Right If I Don't Have It, I Want It! Its Going To Cost Me And I Know It. Fyi Don't Start Something You Can Not Finish! For Me Is Only Money! :p:d:cool:

I Like It!:):):)