PDA

View Full Version : Albums

rfurnish
10-20-2010, 06:04 PM
I've put together a couple of albums displaying the Juan Gonzalez autographs that I have in my collection. I will be adding to these as I obtain other items. If I can find the time, I may also put together a seperate album displaying autographs of some of the current Rangers.

Please feel free to check them out. Just click on my public profile and the link will take you to them.

Hope you like them.

Thanks,
Ron

jjt111
10-22-2010, 12:32 AM
Enjoyed them. I like cards that I'm sure Juan had to have in his hands better then those that have a signed stripped inserted into a card he never seen before!

Thanks,
Jonas

rfurnish
10-22-2010, 04:38 PM
I couldn't agree more, Jonas. I really cringed when they started coming out with those sticker type autographs. It usually seems like part of the autograph is missing from the sticker or is partially covered with cardboard somehow. It's part of the reason why I stopped opening packs and began working on signed sets. I definitely prefer the signed cards that contain full signatures and were handled personally by the athlete.

Thanks,
Ron

10-23-2010, 04:10 AM
Very nice album. I also like to collect autographed cards by Juan Gonzalez.

mcabee1
10-23-2010, 04:35 AM
just got home from the rangers game - fantastic

rfurnish
10-24-2010, 02:25 AM
In honor of the amazing performances of our Texas Rangers, I've added an album displaying signed cards/photos of the World Series team. These have all been obtained in person by my girlfriend and I over the last three seasons. We have plenty of signed cards of some of the players not shown, but I thought you would rather see the stars vs. the role players.

Enjoy and GO RANGERS!!!!!!

Gonzaleznut
10-24-2010, 08:53 PM
Where did you get all of those autos?

rfurnish
10-25-2010, 02:25 AM
I got a small number of them when I went to spring training three years ago, but the majority of them have been obtained at Camden Yards over the last two seasons. With the exception of just a couple of players, the Rangers have been the best signing team the last few years. Hopefully sucess won't change them. Hamilton, Cruz, Davis, and Holland Are all really good guys. Teagarden was great his first year but has become very difficult. Vladimir Guerrero is possibly the worst signer in the league...he's the one guy on the team that I have hard time pulling for. The rest of them are great! Really just one big group of overgrown kids!

freddie
10-25-2010, 06:03 AM
Juan Gonzalez was always a great signer, would even sign bats and jerseys.