PDA

View Full Version : 1996 Flair #169

freddie
11-10-2006, 03:17 PM
On the list we only have one entry for flair #169 but I have two distinctive cards, one silver, one gold. I have three of the silver and four of the gold. The only reference I can find on eBay to a silver/variation is with this promo sheet

http://cgi.ebay.com/1996-Flair-PROMO-Quad-Panel-Silver-foil-CAL-RIPKEN_W0QQitemZ320040859190QQihZ011QQcategoryZ213 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

freddie
11-10-2006, 03:21 PM
Beckett saysReleased in July, 1996, this 400-card set (produced by Fleer) was issued in one series and sold in seven-card packs at a suggested retail price of $4.99. Gold and Silver etched foil front variations exist for all cards. These color variations were printed in similar quantities and are valued equally. The fronts and backs each carry a color action player cut-out on a player portrait background with player statistics on the backs. The cards are grouped alphabetically within teams and checklisted below alphabetically according to teams for each league. Notable Rookie Cards include Tony Batista.I wonder how such a variation could go unnoticed on the list for so long? I've added the variation. The current flair card on the list has been renamed to Flair Silver and Flair Gold was added so take note if you need to update your quantities.

Gonzaleznut
11-10-2006, 07:23 PM
I agree. I can't believe they were never distinguished on the Beckett list.