Juan Gonzalez Online

Juan Gonzalez Online (http://www.juangone.com/home.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.juangone.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   new card and pic (http://www.juangone.com/showthread.php?t=211)

nosterbor 08-13-2007 05:20 AM

new card and pic

3 Attachment(s)
jonas,can you please put this on the list. its a 1998 donruss signature millennium marks GREEN INK AUTO.THANKS,ROB.IST PIC IS THE WHOLE CARD WITH GREEN AUTO 2ND IS ENLARGED GREEN AUTO 3RD PIC IS THE NORM BLUE AUTO THANKS,ROB PS, SORRY LEFT CAPS ON.:eek:

freddie 08-13-2007 06:06 AM

Nice pictures, just have to get them bigger.

nosterbor 08-13-2007 06:42 AM

i down loaded a pic that mike added it was 122kb the last pic i sent was 748 kb thats 6 times the size

freddie 08-13-2007 03:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A 748KB picture is not an issue. The picture below was 1.2 Megabytes to begin with and resized appropriately via the forum. The forum will resize large pictures for you. I've still not received any original pictures from you via email. If you would send me just one then I could probably figure out what the problem is. I wrote the system that this forum uses to resize images so I can fix the problem or help you fix the problem if it is on your end.

Another issue is that the image you upload don't get the little thumbnail created and that is a symptom I also would like to resolve.

freddie 08-13-2007 03:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I know what the problem is. The images that you are uploading are .bmp pictures and the forum is converting them to jpg. That is why the thumbnail isn't working. You need to make sure that when you save your images from the image program that you are choosing high quality jpg. Even if your images have a .jpg extension on them, they really are .bmp files and the forum is detecting them properly as .bmp files.

If you still can't figure out why you are generating .bmp files, I've still made a change on here that should allow your images to appear larger if you wish to try uploading them again.

Gonzaleznut 08-13-2007 04:33 PM

Freddie...you are my hero. I am very impressed that you know how to do all this. It may be easy for you, but it would be impossible for almost any of us.

nosterbor 08-13-2007 05:09 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by freddie (Post 1784)
I know what the problem is. The images that you are uploading are .bmp pictures and the forum is converting them to jpg. That is why the thumbnail isn't working. You need to make sure that when you save your images from the image program that you are choosing high quality jpg. Even if your images have a .jpg extension on them, they really are .bmp files and the forum is detecting them properly as .bmp files.

If you still can't figure out why you are generating .bmp files, I've still made a change on here that should allow your images to appear larger if you wish to try uploading them again.

try these. thanks rob.

nosterbor 08-13-2007 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freddie (Post 1778)
Nice pictures, just have to get them bigger.

Freddie you are truly a GENIUS!:D I have now corrected the problem with your help. thank you very much,Rob.

freddie 08-13-2007 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzaleznut (Post 1785)
Freddie...you are my hero. I am very impressed that you know how to do all this. It may be easy for you, but it would be impossible for almost any of us.

This has been my job for 6+ years now so I have a lot of experience with it. I also wrote the attachment system so it is what I know best.

Rob did you figure out how to output your images as jpg? The image images that you uploaded in the last message are still bitmap.

If you can't, I'll see about putting a small hack that will convert all .bmp files to .jpg when they are uploaded.

jjt111 08-13-2007 06:07 PM

Are you sure the card was not just kept poorly. The whole card looks darker then it should. I often see cards listed that they came from a smoke and pet free home. Maybe this one came from a cigar parlor with pets that enjoy licking cards!

just kidding,
Jonas