Juan Gonzalez Online

Juan Gonzalez Online (http://www.juangone.com/home.php)
-   Trade / Sale (http://www.juangone.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Worth The Time? (http://www.juangone.com/showthread.php?t=152)

akar 07-19-2007 09:18 AM

Worth The Time?

I just wanted to check the interest level for the cards I have.
I haven't collected for quite a long time, but I have most of the items from 1987-1993. I do have cards after those years as well, but I'd have to dig everything out to come up with an exact list.

And I guess that's what I'm asking, is there enough interest here for me to start selling my collection?

Gonzaleznut 07-19-2007 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akar (Post 1042)
I just wanted to check the interest level for the cards I have.
I haven't collected for quite a long time, but I have most of the items from 1987-1993. I do have cards after those years as well, but I'd have to dig everything out to come up with an exact list.

And I guess that's what I'm asking, is there enough interest here for me to start selling my collection?

Why would you want to sell it?

akar 07-19-2007 06:41 PM

I don't have the time to complete it or enjoy it.
And the funds could be put towards things I need, instead of things I want.

akar 07-20-2007 05:53 AM

So, I've gotten a couple of replies, and I guess there is some interest.
I think what I'll do is dig everything out and then post when I'm ready.

As far as selling the items, I realize some of the more rare items may be desired by more than one person.

So who has a suggestion as to how to resolve this?
jjt111 usually has good ideas, what do you think?

jjt111 07-28-2007 12:01 AM

If it was me, I would offer certain cards at a period of time at closed bids. The highest bid is all you would have to consider to see if you want to sell. Not having the open platform of bidding would eliminate any hostilities between the collectors. I wouldn't do too many at a time because most collectors have a set amount they have to spend a month on their hobby. Plus I just got my property tax bill at 6 grand :)

just my opinion!

jzk_ksy 07-28-2007 01:39 AM

gotta love those property tax in NJ huh Jonas?

Kevin

akar 07-29-2007 06:41 AM

I like that idea, Jonas.

I'll dig out my cards from the early years and start with that.
Then I guess I'll move on to oversized cards, posters, pins, sheets, etc...

Gonzaleznut 07-29-2007 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akar (Post 1208)
I like that idea, Jonas.

I'll dig out my cards from the early years and start with that.
Then I guess I'll move on to oversized cards, posters, pins, sheets, etc...

I am very interested in participating in whatever way you decide to sell your collection. Just let me know.

jzk_ksy 07-29-2007 04:17 PM

I'm also very interested in any item you may decide to sell...please let me know...I like the idea of hidden bids that Jonas came up with...

Kevin

Gonzaleznut 07-29-2007 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjt111 (Post 1160)
If it was me, I would offer certain cards at a period of time at closed bids. The highest bid is all you would have to consider to see if you want to sell. Not having the open platform of bidding would eliminate any hostilities between the collectors. I wouldn't do too many at a time because most collectors have a set amount they have to spend a month on their hobby.

Put out cards in threads with scans. Allow several days for members to contact you via private messaging with their highest bid.