Thread: Nice one Dan
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012
Veteran Member

Cards: 630

Rob,

About 15 years ago I contacted Sports Collectors Digest (SCD). Bob Lemke who is the editor had never seen one before. Jonas probably has a better memory of the issue but as I recall this card was only given out at a minor league game for one day as a freebee. They are actually very rare. At the time I think that Jonas, Alan (AKAR) and I finally ended up with one each. I do not think Chris had one. I cannot say if this guy who is selling them is printing them or if they are real. I have never seen him sell Gonzalez items before so I do not really know who he is. He originally listed the card for .99 cents so I sent him an email and offered $20 if he ended the auction. He ended the auction and was surprised that I offered $20. He is a fast learner based on the price he is now asking. I do not know how he could have acquired so many since they did not appear for many years on ebay. I was happy with the one I had before he came along. Now he has two more for sale. We do not know if he has more. Either I made a great buy at $20 or I add another card to my fake card collection.

Dan