Thread: Cut out cards
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006
Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Cards: 3142

My opinion is the complete opposite of you guys. Mike doesn’t have game cards or magazine cards in his list yet he has Kenner Starting Line up cards that come with that doll which I thought long and hard before I added them. Buying a doll so I can get a card didn't feel as good as buying a magazine. Now Freddie’s doesn't have but 2 game cards (2001 – 2002 APBA) but they made them as far back as 1992 with many other companies as well. From what I’m hearing those 2002 sample cards are called Beckett cards as they were in the Beckett magazine. Years ago they just stuck a card on a box or magazine and gave you lines to cut on, like the 1998 Hamburger Helper card that is on Mikes list. To me if it was meant to be a collectable card, it’s in my collection and on my list. I had to add coins, (thanks Pinnacle) magnets, posters and pins to my list over the years. To me a complete list is all those. I’ve had to maintain my list as others, Alan’s and Dan’s, stopped in 96 and it has been difficult to do alone. If you eliminate something off the list where is the gain? As far as I’m concerned you can add those little beanie baby dolls, as someone must collect those damn things .

Freddie’s list has been great for me as when I’m on the road I can access it. It’s nice not having to ever remember a want list as you can bring up your collection at the hotel or a card shop to verify whether you have a need or not of a card you have come across.

So what I’m saying is if you can scan it or take a picture of it then it should be added not dropped. Now flaw cards like blank front or backs aren’t added unless there is more then just one. Oversize cards never should get listed, as they are just back door sheet cut outs.

My opinion,
Jonas