View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Cards: 6327

a pair of 1885 colt 45's serial # 00001 on the handle of both guns in a very nice wood case was auctioned off in 1985 for the sum of $15000 for the lot,to a collector in az. a good sum for a very nice pair of colt 45's in org display case. a few years later the collector was cleaning the case when the felt lineing on the lid came loose to reveal a letter form the colt comp. giving the first new model 1885 colt 45's as a pair to this gentlemen with their complements serial#00001. the gentlemen was Wyatt Earp! the collector has turned down offers of as high as 2.7 mill. just a piece of paper! in 1994 a man bought a ugly painting at a flea market for $100.he wanted the frame,he took the ugly old painting out,in between the painting and backing was an org copy of the Declaration of Independance. sold at auction for 3.5 million dollars. just a piece of paper. i no what i have is nether of these,but it is to me! i will give $300 for a blank back 93 refractor! whatever turns you on! mike thanks for your support.