Juan Gonzalez Juan Gonzalez Online Juan Gonzalez
Forum Bio Stats Pictures Articles Links Collecting
corner   corner

Go Back   Juan Gonzalez Online > Player Discussion > Juan Gonzalez

Juan Gonzalez News, stories, collecting, anything about Juan.

Old 03-26-2008
Veteran Member

Cards: 676

more info from their site: http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/new...=.jsp&c_id=stl

Quote:
(question from fan- leads to info about juan) I am a Brian Barton backer and feel that he needs to remain in the organization. I know that he has to make the 25-man roster or else be sent back to Cleveland, barring a trade. Do you think the Cardinals could obtain the rights to Barton, and if so, who would they give up?
-- John E., Effingham, Ill.
Many Cardinals fans still seem to be very worried about losing Barton, even after Monday's cuts. However, with only six outfielders remaining in camp, and Juan Gonzalez unable to compete for a spot due to injury, Barton pretty much has it sewn up. Something shocking will have to happen for him not to be on the Opening Day roster.
And that's good for the Cardinals, not only because Barton is an extremely interesting player, but because Barton's spring would have made it very difficult to work out a trade with Cleveland. His stock has climbed not only with the Cardinals, but with anyone who has been watching.
Thanks for answering my first question about Gonzalez's chances of making the roster. So what will happen if he doesn't make it? Minor Leagues?
-- Raul R., Fort Lauderdale, Fla.

That's one of the big questions right now. The Cardinals have said all along that Gonzalez said he would accept an assignment to Memphis. However, when Gonzalez was asked that very question by reporters recently, he didn't really answer it.
There's a decent chance that if and when it's officially determined that Gonzalez will not make the team, he could be granted his release to try to sign on with another team. The Cardinals will have no shortage of players to get at-bats in the Minors, so it might be best for everyone.
Old 03-26-2008
Veteran Member

Cards: 1049

Send a message via MSN to Rafferity

http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/new...=.jsp&c_id=stl

Just the bottom part of the article.
Old 03-27-2008
Administrator

Cards: 1

Send a message via ICQ to freddie Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie

.. and it is not to be.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/spo...5?OpenDocument

If he truly wants to play, I don't understand why he just go to the Cardinals' AAA team for now. To go home, sends the wrong message, sends the message that he is a quitter, a message that he has sent before.
Old 03-29-2008
Veteran Member

Cards: 676

yep, unfortunately i agree... god he was 2 good years away from 500 too. boy am I glad I went down to Jupiter the week after he signed, probably will never have the chance to meet him again. Shame... oh well who knows..?
Old 03-29-2008
Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Cards: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanfan19 View Post
yep, unfortunately i agree... god he was 2 good years away from 500 too. boy am I glad I went down to Jupiter the week after he signed, probably will never have the chance to meet him again. Shame... oh well who knows..?
Yeah...you timed that perfectly!!

Old 03-29-2008
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Cards: 5041

That's why I collect pictures of a friend, not just another baseball player!
I just won't quit, I remember when I used to paid huge amounts of $ for just a card, now for the same amount of money I get a whole bunch, and now I'm glad no to find all I want back then!
Old 03-29-2008
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Cards: 6318

That Is So True Roberto!! I Paid $80 For My 1st 93 Elite In 94,i Still Have Some Old Beckett's From The Early 90's And The Prices Were Outragious,press Proof's & Ist Day Issues Were In The $60 To $80 Range. My 1st Numbered To A Hundred Card I Paid $80 A 99 Spx Radiance In 99.
Old 03-29-2008
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Cards: 6318

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie View Post
.. and it is not to be.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/spo...5?OpenDocument

If he truly wants to play, I don't understand why he just go to the Cardinals' AAA team for now. To go home, sends the wrong message, sends the message that he is a quitter, a message that he has sent before.
are you from NY or Boston? most people i work with who are from there are some of the MOST NEG people i have ever seen! are you not in SO-CAL you are suppose to be more laid back! do you work at home? or in a factory,i work in a factory,better yet ask Jonas when he was going thru his heart problems,how come he just did not stay at work? i know it is not the same thing,B.S.i am sure it sent the boss a wrong message he had to stay home! but when youre worth 10's of millions i guess they can cut you a little slack.
Old 04-08-2008
Rookie Member

i was just watching the cards/astros game, and one of the announcers said that Juan was not going to play ball this year. Is that true or does he know what he's talking about? I read that he was going back to Puerto Rico to recover and possibly come back for extended spring training later. Plus he is currently on their inactive list. Anybody know anything?