Juan Gonzalez Juan Gonzalez Online Juan Gonzalez
Forum Bio Stats Pictures Articles Links Collecting
corner   corner

Go Back   Juan Gonzalez Online > Player Discussion > Juan Gonzalez

Juan Gonzalez News, stories, collecting, anything about Juan.

Old 11-28-2010
Rookie Member

Default FS: 1998 Fleer/Skybox players choice sheets

first off I want to say that I visited this site as a result of Nosterboi being on FCB. He also has the first crack at one of the sheets I have available so I wait to hear from him.

I was able to obtain a few copies of this but unfortunately they weren't shipped very secure so 2 copies got a corner damaged slightly and the 3rd copy got the same corner damage plus has a slight crease in the bottom center almost like it was held for a long period of time in that spot. These are a pretty tough find for player collectors(myself included).

I will be looking for $25dlvd paypal gift on the one copy with the corner damage and I'd take $10dlvd paypal gift for the copy with the crease and corner damage if someone wants it just to say they got a copy until they can possibly find a replacement.

I would also trade a copy straight up to anyone that can find me a 1995 Score rules jumbo Canseco which I need for my PC. Being some of you are from Texas and Canseco was a Ranger on this oversized card maybe you can locate one or have one hanging around.

heres a scan of the better of the sheets (can't really even see the corner damage)
Old 11-28-2010
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Cards: 6325

MIKE,
This is NOT on the Beckett list and should be in the oddball section. because that is what it is. an oddball. please put it in the correct place.

P.S.
i passed on it.
Old 11-28-2010
Rookie Member

it is on the Beckett list. lookup 1998 Fleer/Skybox players choice sheet and it will be there.. been a recognized item for a long time and clearly lists every player on the sheet. it may not turn up in each players individual checklist but it should.
Old 11-28-2010
Rookie Member

double post
Old 11-28-2010
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Cards: 6325

Mike emailed me an updated Juan Gonzalez list from beckett and it is not on it.
Old 11-28-2010
Rookie Member

it is on Beckett I was there yesterday.. it doesn't show up on every players individual checklist.. but if you look at the description of it it clearly states all the names of the guys on the sheet. I checked other names like McGwire and it doesn't show up on their 1998 checklist either. It shows up on Canseco and a couple others though. Just a Beckett database error no doubt as they have many.

when you search it under 1998 Fleer/Skybox players choice sheet it is clearly catalogued and contains the names of all players on the sheet. Why their database puts it on some of the players checklist and not others I don't have a clue but if its recognized and your player is on it..then its part of your checklist IMO regardless of how they catalog it.
Old 11-29-2010
Veteran Member

I actually had the Canseco a couple of years ago so it does exist. Email your paypal address if you still have the $10 copy of the PCA card above and I will get it. I have some other Canseco weird stuff if you want to work a swap instead? chrismcabee1@peoplepc.com
Old 11-30-2010
Rookie Member

The $10 copy is already pending with another member here. if you think you have some Canseco that I don't have by all means check out my website photo gallery and see or list them here. could work out a deal for the right stuff.

www.freewebs.com/1st4040

you had the canseco score rules jumbo? any idea where it ended up cause for whatever reason I've been having a difficult time locating one for my collection..
Old 12-14-2010
Rookie Member

I have the two copies above in the description now available at $20 shipped per.. and two better copies for $25 shipped which have just a small corner ding.
Old 12-15-2010
Veteran Member

i would take one for $10 dlvd