Juan Gonzalez Juan Gonzalez Online Juan Gonzalez
Forum Bio Stats Pictures Articles Links Collecting
corner   corner

Go Back   Juan Gonzalez Online > Player Discussion > Juan Gonzalez

Juan Gonzalez News, stories, collecting, anything about Juan.

Old 11-13-2006
Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Cards: 3142

No criticism meant at all. You opened a different way of thinking when you suggest to include the package it came from with the coin. Basically much like you are saying about the magazine cards except you are only applying it to cut outs and not to the Keebler or Topps Kids cards which is confusing me.
Old 11-13-2006
Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

I keep everything in a book if possible so that is why I would never retain the magazine. But that is just me.
Old 11-13-2006
Administrator

Cards: 1

Send a message via ICQ to freddie Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie

Oh I think the keebler and topps card need to also signify what they are. I never knew that the keebler card was pulled out of a giveaway of perforated cards until that set was sent to me with the 3000 other cards I bought.

What if the cutout cards said something in their description such as "Cutout of Topps Magazine" so that one knows that it is cutout and wasn't included as a pre-made card wrapped in plastic inside the magazine. I think that sort of distinction needs to be made clear for all cards that did not originate in the normalized card format.
Old 11-13-2006
Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

I agree! Information like that is what collectors look for. Much like that blow up poster that you asked about. I threw out a bunch of them before I realized it was actually a listed card. If someone had written down it was a small poster it would of saved me a lot of time. I always talk about the Hamburger Helper card because the first box I bought I opened and looked for the card packet and thought I got ripped! It was only the second box I bought that I noticed the card on the back of the box itself.
Old 11-14-2006
Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Cards: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie View Post
I guess it is really all up to me to create a system to display the "cards" and to display "the other stuff" in a cohesive manner and then decide if anything is currently on the "cards" list that should be moved to the "other stuff" list.
I agree with you Freddie. There should be a "Card list" and an "Other collectible list". I think it is important to be thorough, but to distinguish between card items and other stuff. All of it is important to certain collectors.

Jonas...you have some great points too. I agree that this site is becoming something great. It is up to each of us to continue making it better. A litlle bit every day by debating relevant issues like we are doing and adding pics and cards as necessary. Each of us are contributing. I can't imagine another player site that has this much info about a player's career and collectibles. Great job Freddie & Jonas.
Old 11-14-2006
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to freddie Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie

Should this be listed?

http://cgi.ebay.com/1992-MLBPA-Butto...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 11-14-2006
Administrator

And this 94 Post Proof

http://cgi.ebay.com/1994-Post-Cereal...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 11-14-2006
Administrator

Jonas, I guess you think it should be listed if you bought it. That button proof card has been on eBay for a few months now it seems.
Old 11-14-2006
Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

To me both of them where back door rumages. They weren't sent, mailed, used to promote the product or retained for card replacement. Much like these that I have. I don't feel they should be listed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	post.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	153  
Old 11-14-2006
Administrator

What about the 93 Post Proof that is already listed?