Juan Gonzalez Juan Gonzalez Online Juan Gonzalez
Forum Bio Stats Pictures Articles Links Collecting
corner   corner

Go Back   Juan Gonzalez Online > Player Discussion > Juan Gonzalez
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Juan Gonzalez News, stories, collecting, anything about Juan.

Old 02-18-2024
Rookie Member

Cards: 503

Default High end raw cards in a One Touch?

I've purchased a couple of higher end raw Juan cards over the last year. I've put them into a One Touch bare or raw.

Is that cool or should I look to store them in something different?

Or are certain highly sensitive cards that should not go into a One Touch?

Related, I purchased my first 1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold, raw of course, can't afford graded ones. Anyway, it came from Ebay in a card saver I? I have left it in there because of the Ebay Authentication seal? Thoughts on that. A couple of other cards I purchased I removed them and just broken the Ebay seal. I worry about the Mirror in just a card saver? That would be a good candidate for my first question. Remover it from the Ebay Card Saver and put it in a One Touch or is there a safer way you would recommend I store it?

Thanks for your patience with me. I'm 60 years old. Started collecting in 1990, but stopped in 2000 and did not start back until 2023. Some of your guys collections just blow my mind. I read through most of the treads last night, back to 2006. The one guy with 900 PSA 10s and they are all different? Are you kidding me? What percentage of those 900 did you buy in the 90s?

I got out of bed last night, it was driving me crazy. I came into my office to count my PSA 10, I have only 31 PSA 10s. Only 25 of those are different, the rest are duplicates. That is so amazing to me 900 different PSA 10...

Thanks again everyone for the help.

John
Old 02-18-2024
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Cards: 6406

Hello John, Welcome to the site. I have very few graded stuff as they are too expensive for me. I do have a few though as that was the only way for me to get the card. My Red Crusade is a BGS 9.5.

As far as the eBay authentication sleeves, I always remove from that and put into a one touch. It amazes my that they send the card in a soft sleeve. If you’re going to keep it in the soft sleeve, I’d also keep it in the flip case they send it in.

You should add your collection to this site as I’m sure there’s quite a few of us that would love to see what ya got.

There’s also more “old timers” in here than you think. I’m 57 years old and also began collecting Juan in the very early 90s.

Again, welcome to the site and enjiy!!

Kevin
Old 02-18-2024
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Cards: 6327

The 900 different PSA 10's would be Dan. Great guy. I got a card from Ebay Authentication. That is a joke.
" We stand behind the authenticity of the item, but we do not guarantee the authenticity of the embedded relic or aftermarket autograph. "

What the hell is the point?
They put the rare card in a flimsy card holder.
I took the card out of that holder and put it in a penny sleeve at then put it in a top load. put a small piece of tape on the top and then put it in a team bag.
I do like the one touch holders but do not drop it or GAME OVER!
Plus, it can get very expensive. Can some one put John on the collectors list.

Rob.

Last edited by nosterbor; 02-18-2024 at 05:11 PM.
Old 02-18-2024
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Cards: 6327

P.S.
I am 67 and have been collecting Juan since 1991. I saw him at a game in 1991 against the White Sox at old Cominski Park when I lived in the suburbs of Chicago.
The sox were playing him up the middle. Juan hit a line drive that the shortstop leaped for and it just went over the tip of his glove. All the way over the center field brick wall 420 feet from home plate. Like a golf shot. WOW, I was hooked! To this day it is the hardest hit ball I have ever seen. And I have been collecting his cards since. All these players these days in playoffs series hitting 4 and 5 homers in a 6 or 7 game series and the announcer's bragging about what a feet it was and bringing up Griffey JR hitting 5 homers in a 5 game play off series. Well how about Juan doing that in 4 games against The Yankees in 1996. He is still the best power hitter I have ever seen. He was born with a bad back and that is what caused all his leg issues. Just love the guy!