Juan Gonzalez Juan Gonzalez Online Juan Gonzalez
Forum Bio Stats Pictures Articles Links Collecting
corner   corner

Go Back   Juan Gonzalez Online > Player Discussion > Juan Gonzalez
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Juan Gonzalez News, stories, collecting, anything about Juan.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-15-2006
Administrator

Cards: 1

Send a message via ICQ to freddie Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzaleznut View Post
I remember seeing that Beckett and thinking how much I would like to be that guy. He has emailed me recently wanting to sell off his collection. He has also been selling a lot of cards on eBay lately.
Hmm I thought the guy in Beckett had sold off his collection long ago as it must have been 5+ years now that I bought the Star cards from him. I also bought the poster that is in the background of the picture in the article. Do you know which beckett that he is in offhand?

Quote:
I am very good friends with Rob (nosterbor on eBay). He lives in Florida and has the most incredible Juan collection in terms of total volume of Juan cards. He has over 35,000 total cards all in top loaders and in order. He stores them in 5000 count boxes.

To give you an idea, he has 65 of the 2005 Prime Patches Major League Material Autographed card.
Yes I've noticed that he seems intent on buying every copy of that card that comes on eBay. I can't fathom why that is but I'm sure he has his reasons.

Quote:
I have also met with Chris (mcabee1 on eBay) a couple of times to compare collections. I have bought some stuff from him before. His collection is also very impressive. He has almost every card up to 1996 except the Williams Autos.
Yes I've dealt with Chris a few times over the past ten years as well.

The person who has helped me out the most over the years is Jonas, jttl1. At the time, he seemed to know the most about every Juan Gonzalez card and provided me with numerable scans to point out variations. He also knew which cards were actually very rare but sold for pennies when they appeared (such as some of the TOPPS A/B/C/D type cards). I've lost contact with him in the last few years and don't see him on eBay any longer.