nosterbor
08-27-2007, 03:51 AM
can you see me now! take a vote should this be put on the list!:p

freddie
08-27-2007, 04:55 AM
Still No :)

nosterbor
08-28-2007, 05:29 PM
can you see me now! take a vote should this be put on the list!:p how many juan collectors would like to have this item. give me some feedback on this please! thanks,rob.

akar
08-28-2007, 06:01 PM
The card or the packing list?

The card, yes.

The blue packing list, no.

jjt111
08-28-2007, 08:29 PM
I have that but addressed to my sister as she got them for me as a gift. I also have many other packages like that, the most expensive and best looking is the Pinnacle Home run Club box that I got in order to get the Juan card. (That box cost me like $50 in 93) Juan was card 1 in that as well. I kept them for sentimental reasons I think more so then as collector items. They were not put on my list, and I really forgot about them till Rob brought it up a few weeks back.

Gonzaleznut
08-29-2007, 02:40 AM
There are 275 items on the list here that I do not have on my list that I keep for me personally. Each of us will probably have items that we would personally not consider "collectible."

I think the intent of this site should be to include ALL thing Juan and let each individual collector decide if an item is deemed worthy of their pursuit.

A great example are the blank back cards. I don't have a single one, nor do I want one. I consider them printing goofs and should be thrown away or burned. I certainly do not consider them collectible. However, they do deserve to be listed on this site because one man's trash is another man's treasure. I know a lot of you would love to have every blank back/blank front card there is.

Although I think Rob's packing list from Upper Deck is nothing more than a sheet of paper, I do understand how HE feels about it and in the spirit of comradarie I think the item should be added.

nosterbor
08-29-2007, 07:26 AM
a pair of 1885 colt 45's serial # 00001 on the handle of both guns in a very nice wood case was auctioned off in 1985 for the sum of $15000 for the lot,to a collector in az. a good sum for a very nice pair of colt 45's in org display case. a few years later the collector was cleaning the case when the felt lineing on the lid came loose to reveal a letter form the colt comp. giving the first new model 1885 colt 45's as a pair to this gentlemen with their complements serial#00001. the gentlemen was Wyatt Earp! the collector has turned down offers of as high as 2.7 mill. just a piece of paper! in 1994 a man bought a ugly painting at a flea market for $100.he wanted the frame,he took the ugly old painting out,in between the painting and backing was an org copy of the Declaration of Independance. sold at auction for 3.5 million dollars. just a piece of paper. i no what i have is nether of these,but it is to me! i will give $300 for a blank back 93 refractor! whatever turns you on! mike thanks for your support.

freddie
08-29-2007, 03:44 PM
I still say that if you list that piece of paper, you have to list every set that contained a Juan Gonzalez card where we now just list the Juan Gonzalez card. I have no problem with doing that, but it should be list it all or none, not just one.

akar
08-29-2007, 05:52 PM
I think I must be confused.

Rob, are you wanting the set listed as a whole because it contains a Gonzalez card?
Or are you wanting the card to remain listed as it currently is, but you also want the blue sheet listed as a seperate item?

freddie
08-29-2007, 06:13 PM
I think he just wants the blue sheet listed, something that I could never agree with, that is why I suggested that it would have to be listed as a set, which could include the note that it came with a sheet, which I still see as silly. It is just a piece of paper that lists the cards that are in the set. I'm sure hundreds of sets have the same sort of thing.

.. but at this point, I don't care, those that can edit the list can do what they wish with it, they just have to agree among themselves. You shouldn't add things to the list just because someone is vocal about it or have the most cards, though.

nosterbor
08-30-2007, 04:40 PM
I think he just wants the blue sheet listed, something that I could never agree with, that is why I suggested that it would have to be listed as a set, which could include the note that it came with a sheet, which I still see as silly. It is just a piece of paper that lists the cards that are in the set. I'm sure hundreds of sets have the same sort of thing.

.. but at this point, I don't care, those that can edit the list can do what they wish with it, they just have to agree among themselves. You shouldn't add things to the list just because someone is vocal about it or have the most cards, though. you hit the nail on the head CARDS is the key word here not coffee mugs.i do not want the 94 listed i did this to drive home a point on how silly this has become. and ya'll still dont get it! read my last post.

Gonzaleznut
08-31-2007, 03:33 PM
I think everybody is making way to much out of this. It is this simple. This site represents the collecting universe of Juan Gonzalez...not just cards.

We have to be understanding that each of us will not find every Juan item collectible, but that does not mean that they shouldn't be catalogued on this site.

Try to separate what you do personally for your collection from what is done on this site. Someone may only want to track cards or not include "Big" cards, or only game-used cards. The point is each of us looks at our collection through our own unique eyes. How you see an item might be very different than the way someone else does. Who is right and who is wrong? Well, neither is. Each person is entitled to their own opinion.

Now, does a line have to be drawn somewhere as to what is included and what isn't?? Of course and that is what we can debate here, in a forum, and hopefully come to an agreement as a group. But that is part of the fun of collecting isn't it?? Seeing something you have never seen before and discussing it together. Or discovering an item and being excited to share it with everybody. That is the fun stuff to me.

All of this arguing about packing lists and coffee mugs is tiresome and not productive. There has got to be something more fun for us to talk about. I am done on this.

akar
08-31-2007, 07:19 PM
What if my next auction is for a coffee mug?