Juan Gonzalez Juan Gonzalez Online Juan Gonzalez
Forum Bio Stats Pictures Articles Links Collecting
corner   corner

Go Back   Juan Gonzalez Online > Player Discussion > Juan Gonzalez
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Juan Gonzalez News, stories, collecting, anything about Juan.

Old 08-27-2007
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Cards: 6327

Default now maybe you can see this

can you see me now! take a vote should this be put on the list!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo0107.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	239.6 KB
ID:	627   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo0109.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	151.3 KB
ID:	628  
Old 08-27-2007
Administrator

Cards: 1

Send a message via ICQ to freddie Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie

Still No
Old 08-28-2007
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosterbor View Post
can you see me now! take a vote should this be put on the list!
how many juan collectors would like to have this item. give me some feedback on this please! thanks,rob.
Old 08-28-2007
Veteran Member

Cards: 330

The card or the packing list?

The card, yes.

The blue packing list, no.
Old 08-28-2007
Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Cards: 3142

I have that but addressed to my sister as she got them for me as a gift. I also have many other packages like that, the most expensive and best looking is the Pinnacle Home run Club box that I got in order to get the Juan card. (That box cost me like $50 in 93) Juan was card 1 in that as well. I kept them for sentimental reasons I think more so then as collector items. They were not put on my list, and I really forgot about them till Rob brought it up a few weeks back.
Old 08-29-2007
Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Cards: 20

There are 275 items on the list here that I do not have on my list that I keep for me personally. Each of us will probably have items that we would personally not consider "collectible."

I think the intent of this site should be to include ALL thing Juan and let each individual collector decide if an item is deemed worthy of their pursuit.

A great example are the blank back cards. I don't have a single one, nor do I want one. I consider them printing goofs and should be thrown away or burned. I certainly do not consider them collectible. However, they do deserve to be listed on this site because one man's trash is another man's treasure. I know a lot of you would love to have every blank back/blank front card there is.

Although I think Rob's packing list from Upper Deck is nothing more than a sheet of paper, I do understand how HE feels about it and in the spirit of comradarie I think the item should be added.

Old 08-29-2007
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

a pair of 1885 colt 45's serial # 00001 on the handle of both guns in a very nice wood case was auctioned off in 1985 for the sum of $15000 for the lot,to a collector in az. a good sum for a very nice pair of colt 45's in org display case. a few years later the collector was cleaning the case when the felt lineing on the lid came loose to reveal a letter form the colt comp. giving the first new model 1885 colt 45's as a pair to this gentlemen with their complements serial#00001. the gentlemen was Wyatt Earp! the collector has turned down offers of as high as 2.7 mill. just a piece of paper! in 1994 a man bought a ugly painting at a flea market for $100.he wanted the frame,he took the ugly old painting out,in between the painting and backing was an org copy of the Declaration of Independance. sold at auction for 3.5 million dollars. just a piece of paper. i no what i have is nether of these,but it is to me! i will give $300 for a blank back 93 refractor! whatever turns you on! mike thanks for your support.
Old 08-29-2007
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to freddie Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie

I still say that if you list that piece of paper, you have to list every set that contained a Juan Gonzalez card where we now just list the Juan Gonzalez card. I have no problem with doing that, but it should be list it all or none, not just one.
Old 08-29-2007
Veteran Member

Cards: 330

I think I must be confused.

Rob, are you wanting the set listed as a whole because it contains a Gonzalez card?
Or are you wanting the card to remain listed as it currently is, but you also want the blue sheet listed as a seperate item?
Old 08-29-2007
Administrator

I think he just wants the blue sheet listed, something that I could never agree with, that is why I suggested that it would have to be listed as a set, which could include the note that it came with a sheet, which I still see as silly. It is just a piece of paper that lists the cards that are in the set. I'm sure hundreds of sets have the same sort of thing.

.. but at this point, I don't care, those that can edit the list can do what they wish with it, they just have to agree among themselves. You shouldn't add things to the list just because someone is vocal about it or have the most cards, though.